The most unbelievable part is this, a baby got rescued from the back of her mother who instantly slumped to death after being hit by the wire. Seven people were reported dead, strange things don’t seize from happening. Toddlers are known to escape most accident, its common.
The incident, which occurred at about 7am, affected mostly vegetables vendors as they were busy transacting their business at the popular Agbekoja section of the market.
Eyewitness identified the pregnant woman as Tawa and that her mother who was also standing by was a victim of the dawn electrocution.
However, a one-year-old baby boy was rescued alive from the scene of the incident while the baby’s mother, whose identify could not be immediately ascertained was not as lucky as she died following the impact of the live cable which fell directly on her. Good Samaritans rescued the infant unhurt from the back of his electrocuted mother who passed on immediately after the shock.
Many other traders at the spot sustained injuries and were rushed to nearby hospitals for medical attention.