Blackberry Protect has been on the Blackberry platform for a while now and still many people don’t use it. I’m writing this because I saw something really shocking yesterday. Someone was begging the buyer of his old Blackberry to hold on and not delete his contacts pending the time he would get a new one so that he could come over to copy his contacts to his new Blackberry phone. To me, it’s shocking.
Normally, I don’t bump into strangers’ conversations but I couldn’t hold back this time. I had to ask the two guys if they have ever heard of Blackberry Protect. They said NO! I then took my time to explain what it does and how it could help backup and secure their Blackberry information. The look they gave me made me felt like some kind of God. I felt it.
If you don’t also know the benefits of Blackberry protect and why you should start using it today, read on.
Backing up your data is not the only reason you should start using Blackberry Protect, there are even more reasons.
Reasons You Should Start Using BlackBerry Protect Today:
1. Did you Just buy a new BlackBerry smartphone and need to get the information on the old phone back? BlackBerry Protect makes it easy restore the settings, contacts and calendar items you had backed up on your last one. Just download BlackBerry Protect to your new smartphone and log in.
2. You can use BlackBerry® Protect to find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure. It can also offer peace of mind for small businesses and families.
3. Your contacts, text messages, calendar and bookmarks can be backed up wirelessly and automatically. Should your smartphone go missing or crash, it’s easy to restore the data from your last backup. You never know when you would need to flash your phone.
4. Lost your smartphone? Simply log in to the BlackBerry Protect website and lock your device. You can also delete the information on your smartphone and microSD card. Can you imagine that? That’s what you have been missing out on!
5. Never give up on your lost smartphone in case you ever misplace it. Just log in to the BlackBerry Protect website to lock and display a message on your smartphone Home screen. Then locate it on a map, or if you think it’s nearby, force it to ring at full volume.
These are the key benefits of using Blackberry Protect on your smartphone. Did I mention that it’s FREE to download and use?
Article by Ahmed Ogundimu